From 1989 to 1993, Saved by the Bell captured the hearts and minds of America's youth (including the team at Roshambo Eyewear!). And now, still airing in syndication more than 30 years later, the teen sitcom has become a cultural phenomenon. Test your Saved by the Bell knowledge in this 35-question superfan quiz!
1. The first season was originally titled Good Morning, Miss Bliss and did not include which of these characters?
2. In which U.S state was Good Morning, Miss Bliss set?
3. Which celebrity radio DJ made a cameo in the first episode of the official Saved by the Bell
4. The show’s anti-marijuana PSA ends with the cast and NBC president Brandon Tartikoff declaring:
“There‘s no hope with dope.”
“There‘s no gain with strain.”
“There‘s no time for dimes.”
“There‘s no rush for kush.”
5. An argument over which two opposing interests leads Jessie and Slater to break up?
Ballet versus football
Tofu versus steak
Vests versus Zubaz
Sitting in chairs properly versus sitting in chairs backwards
6. What do Lisa’s parents do for a living?
They’re both doctors
Mom’s doctor, dad’s a lawyer
Mom’s a lawyer, dad’s a doctor
They’re both lawyers
7. What’s the name of the girl group Lisa, Kelly, and Jessie form in the caffeine-pill episode?
A La Mode
8. Which of following did Mr. Belding once call Zack?
“the son I never had”
“the son I always wanted”
“the son of a bitch”
9. What did Slater crash into while driving the driver’s ed car, injuring Kelly’s head in the process?
A vending machine
10. What game show did Mr. Dewey once audition for?
Press Your Luck
11. Which of these actresses never appeared on Saved by the Bell?
Soleil Moon Frye
12. Why does Mr. Belding’s cool brother Rod ditch a planned field trip with the kids?
He’s got a job interview
He’s got a date with a stewardess
He’s got to score some speed
He’s going to see Mötley Crüe
13. Which bovine is also the name of a Bayside football player?
14. When Zack lies to Danielle and says he’s a USC student, what’s his fake major?
15. What’s the name of Baside’s mental-health hotline?
16. What kind of animal is Slater’s pet Artie?
17. Zack convinces Lisa to go on a date with Jessie’s evil stepbrother Eric by promising her tickets to see which musical act?
18. Over the course of the series, we meet all but which of these Belding family members?
The bubbly niece Penny Belding
The loyal wife Becky Belding
The domineering mom Ethel Belding
The newborn baby Zack Belding
19. Which of these would you not find in the home of Screech Powers?
A hound dog
A robot named Kevin
A statue of Elvis
A painting of Carl Sagan
20. What happens when students wear the fake class rings Zack buys from con-artist Gem Diamond?
Their fingers fall off
Their fingers turn green
Their fingers start to sink
The rings won’t come off
21. What physical trait makes Jessie most insecure?
Her curly hair
Her long neck
Her webbed toes
22. Finish the lyrics to Zack Attack’s “Friends Forever’: “If you’re down, I’ll pick you up, I’ll never let you fall. If you ever need someone…’
I’m waiting for your call
I’ll meet you at the mall
I’m just down the hall
I’m on the other side of that wall
23. Which prestigious northeastern university accepted Zack after his surprisingly high SAT score?
24. Stacey Carosi’s boyfriend Craig cheats to win what annual competition at the Malibu Sands Beach Club?
One-on-one basketball tournament
An ATV race
A push-up contest
25. Who played Screech’s girlfriend Violet Anne Bickerstaff?
26. What song did Screech, Zack, and Slater lip-synch to in their version of the Risky Business underwear dance?
“Sloop John B”
27. When Zack dresses as a woman to woo Screech, what does he call himself?
28. What did Screech name his first zit?
29. Which of these doesn’t happen during student-teacher week?
Zack becomes principal
Kelly becomes a history teacher
Lisa becomes a gym teacher
Jessie becomes counselor
30. How did Lisa sprain her ankle before the dance competition at the Max?
Learning the Hammer dance
She kicked the TV
Trying on heels
31. What mall job does Slater get to make money around Christmas time?
He’s one of Santa’s elves
He works at a men’s clothing store
He sells eggnog
He wraps gifts
32. Where does Lisa’s dad want to take her after she admits to overspending on his credit card?
33. Which of the following does Screech not appear as in a dream sequence?
Jean Claude Van Screech
34. Jessie subverts the Miss Liberty beauty pageant by wearing what?
A Statue of Liberty costume
A three-piece suit
Nothing at all
35. What did Screech say his name was when he dressed as a female janitor to invade the girls’ locker room?